Have wood floors and wish you knew more about cleaning and maintaining them?
Courtesy Care has the answers you need.
At Courtesy Care, our technicians are highly trained to provide expert consultation and cleaning services for your wood floors. And we use state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly products.
Let’s begin with the basics of Wood Floor Care:
How often should I clean my wood floors?
- Regular vacuuming, sweeping and dust-mopping are recommended daily practices to preserve wood floors.
- To best maintain and preserve wood floors, have a Courtesy Care Technician professionally clean your floors on an annual or semi-annual basis. Courtesy Care uses environmentally-friendly, water-based professional grade cleaning products and equipment.
What should I avoid in caring for my wood floors?
- Do not wax wood floors! Wax actually dulls wood floors over time and can trap dirt and grime in the wood finish. Because wax products build up on wood floors, they must be removed before true cleaning can begin. To avoid this problem, do not use wax on wood floors.
- Avoid/reduce dirt and grime, which can scratch floors, by using door mats or area rugs both inside and outside exterior doorways.
- Avoid wood-damaging standing water or liquid spills on wood floors by promptly removing them with a slightly dampened towel.
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an absorbent rug in front of the kitchen sink to catch water spills.
- Avoid water-mopping wood floors yourself. For the best results, call us! Courtesy Care uses professional cleaning equipment, which first applies water-based, wax-free cleaner to floors and then quickly removes excess water in one motion as it moves across the floor.
What simple steps can I take to preserve my wood floors?
- Place felt protectors under furniture legs to prevent scuffing and scratching. Replace these protectors annually as dirt and debris can become imbedded on the pad and scratch wood floors.
- When moving heavy furniture, it is best to pick up the furniture completely, rather than sliding it across the floor, in order to avoid scratches.
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. According to the National Wood Flooring Association, “a 125-pound woman walking in high heels has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.”
- The most important thing you can do is to have your wood floors professionally cleaned periodically by Courtesy Care.
Top five reasons to have wood floors professionally cleaned:
- Reason One: Courtesy Care uses low-odor, water-based products which are environmentally friendly. We use low-impact green products with less than 275 grams of VOC per liter.
- Reason Two: Our cleaning system is dust-free. Courtesy Care’s cleaning process produces no dust because it uses no heavy sanders, sandpaper or screens.
- Reason Three: Courtesy Care offers commercial-grade wood floor products. These high-quality products were designed for use in: hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, dance/exercise floors, classrooms, stages, offices, gymnasiums and high-traffic areas of the home.
- Reason Four: The products Courtesy Care uses have UV inhibitors to protect floors from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Reason Five: The wood floor cleaning process Courtesy Care uses is fast-drying. After cleaning, furniture replacement and light foot traffic can resume within 24 hours. Rugs and carpet may be replaced after two weeks.
Courtesy Care’s four-step wood floor cleaning process:
- Step One: Courtesy Care removes tough caked-on dirt, gum, oil and residue from floor using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Step Two: Courtesy Care removes remaining residue and cleans the entire wood floor. Our equipment leaves no excess water on floor.
- Step Three: Courtesy Care applies a protective coating to the clean wood floor.
- Step Four: Courtesy Care applies a final finish designed to showcase and protect the wood floor’s natural beauty.