Oriental Rugs and Area Rugs — A Brief History:
Oriental rugs and area rugs come in all shapes, sizes and designs. Oriental, Turkish, Persian and Karastan rugs become heirlooms passed down from generation to generation. These humble works of art beneath our feet add warmth, comfort and design to our homes and businesses.
From the first U.S. woven carpet mill opened in Philadelphia in 1791, the invention of the power loom in 1839, to the tufted rug’s introduction in 1900, oriental rugs and area rugs have become valued additions to household furnishings in homes and businesses.
Care and Maintenance:
- Vacuum regularly, Courtesy Care recommends using a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter. Make several passes over the rug with the vacuum, using special care not to damage fringe.
- Clean spots and spills promptly. Blot the area with a cloth or paper towel, working from the outside in to avoid spreading the spot/spill. Avoid rubbing the area, which may damage rug fibers.
- Use mats and boot trays at doors to avoid tracking in outside dirt. Shake outside door mats weekly to remove accumulated dirt and grit. Hose off rubber door mats when dirt accumulates. Replace natural fiber outdoor coir (coconut fiber) mats annually. Vacuum indoor door mats regularly and replace or professionally clean annually.
- Have area rugs deep-cleaned professionally every 12 – 18 months, depending on foot traffic they bear.
Why Choose Courtesy Care?
- Courtesy Care has certified technicians who use specialized, gentle products to clean your oriental rugs and area rugs.
- Our technicians are certified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC). This gives you the peace of mind that the best method and cleaning product for your type of carpet: wool, silk, cotton or synthetic is being used.
- Customers drop off their oriental rugs and area rugs at the Courtesy Care facility for cleaning and restoration. Courtesy Care technicians discuss the work to be done with the customer.
- If needed, Courtesy Care can provide rug pick-up and delivery for a small fee.
- Courtesy Care uses professional equipment in its cleaning process.
- Our cleaning system removes water used in the cleaning process, speeding up the rug drying process.
- The products we use have a pH level between 4 and 10 on a pH scale to preserve fibers and color.